Monday, March 10, 2014

A Drop of Music



Setting the context.

This poem has been inspired by the track below


I urge you, the reader, to treat this poem as that journey where the beauty lies in the travel than the destination. Request you to go through this poem, while playing  the above soundtrack in the background. 

Its best experienced when you relate the lines of this poem with the soundtrack. Its even better if you could relate it to yourself. You will reach the end of this poem nonetheless, but let that not be what you are looking for. Hope you enjoy it....


A Drop of Music...

I am put to sleep by her gentle hands.
The song she sings is to heal my wounds.
Instead, it strangles my soul and
Makes my insides implode.

I shrink in the gravitational force her croon creates in my heart.
I hang my head in shame,
As I fear experiencing my true feelings,
Laid bare by her provoking hum.

Once in a while, an awakening such as this, comes along,
Threatens to break the dam,
I am building to isolate my stormy emotions,
Trying to keep them calm.

Are these the sound of defeat,
Or Symphony of hope?
Am I to drop silent tears of despair,
Or let my bruised ego shout?

Voices inside my head become loud,
Begging me to let them out.
I tighten the clasp of my empty palms,
To stop myself from explosion.

I try in vain to stop these voices in the only way I know,
By being louder than them.
I do so by playing the same song, only louder,
Till I can’t hear my thoughts anymore.

I close my eyes trying to bear this assault on my ears,
And let the purity of her music fill my body, my strangled soul.
I wait as my soul is being cleansed.
Soon till there will be nothing of me inside me.

I will be replaced by this drop of music,
These new feelings...
I yearn to be free.
I yearn to be reborn.

No comments: